- All New Reflector and Tray Design: Moves more heat out the rear, less in the Chimera. Easier, quicker bulb changes now with only two 1/4 turn fasteners on top, and a quick loading drop-in slot on the bottom. The speed ring is still built in.
- A Finned Socket Holder Design: Helps radiate heat away from the socket and bulb seal area
- New Recessed Reflectors: are wider for better light distribution and vented to keep the bulb seals cooler for longer life.
- Tall switch guards protect the switches: Switching both the hot and neutral legs provides another layer of safety when changing bulbs. Save time (and your hands!) by just flipping a switch to change light level. No hot scrims!
- Maximum Venting Features: makes the 6-Lite an even better choice. When space is at a premium, the combo junior/baby mounting pin provides the flexibility to use baby or grip stands.An even better steel lock washer improves the same great lock-off strategy, with a large easy-to-grip handle, and a linear bearing to reduce friction when tightening
The rugged, heavy duty, lightweight 3-Lite V 2.0 fills the Chimera front screen, with only one of its three bulbs switched on, making it a truly soft source. By using GE FCM-HIR 650-watt bulbs that produce the light of a 1-K, this workhorse of the set can run on one 20-amp home outlet. It has substantial overall venting.